Karonda (Bengal Currant) is a fruit commonly used as a condiment in Indian pickles, curries and spices. It is a rich source of iron and vitamin C. Its chutney and dry sweet curry taste so much delicious and today I’m going to prepare make this toothsome chatpati (sweet & sour) dry curry of bengal currant. So lets start preparing it:-
- Bengal Currant (Karonde):- 250 gms
- Oil:- 2.5 tbsp
- Green Chilli:- 5
- Salt:- 1.25 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1.5 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Seeds:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar:- 5 tablespoon
- Wash and then cut karonde and green chillies.
- Take a pan and add oil in it. Let it heat then when oil is sufficiently hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and then asafoetida in it.
- After that, add chopped karonde and green chillies in it and saute them for a minute. Turn flame low.
- Now add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in it and saute for a minute again.
- After that, cover it with a lid for 2-3 min. then check it by opening the lid and saute it.
- Again cover the lid for 2-3 min. and then open the lid and saute for a min.
- At last, turn flame high and then add sugar in it and saute for 2-3 min. and then turn off the flame. Our Chatpati Karonda Curry is ready to serve. Serve it with any type of carriers (roti/paratha/poori/bread etc.).