Bhatoora is a fluffy deep-fried leavened bread from the Indian Subcontinent. It is often eaten with chickpea curry, chholay or channe, making the traditional dish chholay bhature. It taste so much delicious and liked by everyone. So, let’s start preparing the recipe:-
- Refined Flour (Maida):- 3.5 cup
- Semolina (Soozi):- little less than 1/2 cup
- Curd:- 3/4 cup
- Salt:- 1.25 teaspoon
- Sugar:- 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Ghee:- 1 teaspoon
- Oil or Ghee for frying
Here, 1 Cup contains 140 ml. of water.
Use same cup for every cup measurements.
- Take a deep plate and add refined flour, salt, sugar, curd, baking powder in it and mix all these ingredients well.
- Now, knead a soft and smooth dough by adding small amount of water at a time.
- After that, pour 1 tsp ghee over dough and knead it till ghee merges in dough and dough becomes soft and smooth.
- Cover the dough and keep it aside for atleast 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, take a wok/pan and add oil in it and let it heat.
- In a meanwhile, draw a piece big as plum from dough and roll it round like a ball. Dust that dough ball with dry refined flour and remove the excess flour from dough ball and then roll it in 5-6 inch dia.
- Now, place that rolled dough ball in a hot oil and then flip it when it will puff and then fry other side for 2-3 min. on a medium-high flame. Take it out in a plate. Likewise, prepare all bhaturas.
- Our bhaturas are ready to serve. Serve them with Chholay and enjoy the dish.