Carrot and Radish Pod Dry Curry is a popular curry in Rajasthan which is mostly eaten during winter days because the ingredients are available only in winter months. This curry is so delicious that you will lick your finger once you taste it. Also it is rich in ascorbic acid, folic acid, and potassium. It is also a good source of vitamin B6, riboflavin and calcium. So let’s start preparing the curry:-
- Carrot (Gajar):- 2
- Radish Pods (Singrey/Mogri):- 250 gms
- Oil:- 2.5 tablespoon
- Salt:- 3/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1.5 teaspoon
- Dried Mango Powder (Amchoor):- 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Black Mustard Seeds:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Wash carrot and radish pods then peel carrot and cut radish pods in 1″ pieces, also remove their heads and tails and use only middle portion. Cut carrot in 1/2″ pieces.
- Take a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat properly and then add black mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in it. When the mustard seeds crackle then add chopped carrot and radish pods in it and then saute it and turn flame low.
- Now, add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and coriander powder in it and then mix all ingredients well.
- After that, cover the pan with lid and cook vegetable for 3-5 min. then open the lid and saute veggies again.
- Again cover the lid and cook veggies for 5-6 min. then open the lid and saute veggies.
- Now, add dried mango powder in it and saute for 2 min. Turn off the flame.
- Our Carrot-Radish Pods Dry Curry is ready to serve. Serve it with roti/paratha/poori/bread and enjoy.
- You can also use refined oil in place of mustard oil but I prefer mustard oil because it is thick and smells good and provide better taste in recipes but keep in mind that the mustard oil should heat properly before frying veggies in it. Heat it until it leaves it’s smell otherwise it add weird taste to your recipe.