Bread Bonda is an Indian snack which is round deep dried snack, has a covering of bread and filled with potato stuffing. It is liked by everyone and you can have them in brunch, breakfast or in a breakfast for dinner. This crispy and crunchy bonda is a very delicious recipe which is irresistible. So lets start preparing it:-
- Bread Slice:- 13
- Boiled Potatoes:- 9 (medium size)
- Salt:- 1.25 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2-3/4 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves:- 1 tablespoon (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies:- 2 (finely chopped)
- Oil for frying Bondas
- Take a bowl and add boiled potatoes in it. Mash potatoes then add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, chopped coriander leaves and green chillies in it. Mix all these ingredients well. Our Potato Stuffing is ready.
- Now, take 1 cup of water in a bowl. Take a bread slice and dip that slice slightly in water from all directions. Take it out and then squeeze water from the bread by pressing it in between both of your palms.
- Now, take 1-1.5 tbsp of potato stuffing and put it at centre of that bread slice and then make it round like ball by covering that stuffing with the remaining portion of that bread slice. Likewise, prepare all bread balls.
- Take a deep pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat and when the oil is hot enough add bread balls in it it one by one. Fry them by flipping them at certain intervals of time till they become light brownish in colour. Take them out in a wire rack or plate.
- Our Bread Bondas are ready to serve. Serve them hot with tomato sauce, chutney or dips and enjoy the dish.
- Don’t soak bread slice in water too much. Dip it in water in a way so that it get wet slightly and then squeeze it.
- Here, I didn’t remove dark edges of bread but you can remove them if you like.