Paneer Pasanda is a rich and creamy paneer curry and as the name suggests, this recipe is liked (pasand) by everyone. Fried Stuffed Paneer Cubes dipped in rich gravy tastes so much delicious and have a exotic taste. Paneer Pasanda is a perfect dish for festivals and birthday parties or you can have it whenever you would like to eat some special curry which is quite spicy and delectable. So lets start preparing the recipe:-
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese):- 200 gms
- Tomatoes:- 3 (large)
- Green Chillies:- 2
- Cashews:- 10-12 (for gravy + filling)
- Raisins:- 10-15
- Cream:- 2 tablespoon
- Salt:- 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1.25 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1.5 teaspoon
- Black Mustard Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Sugar:- 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- Cornflour or Maida:- 1.5 tablespoon
- Oil:- 2.5 tablespoon
- Oil for frying paneer sandwiches
- Water:- 2 cup (for gravy) (280 ml.)
- Take 6 cashews and roast them in 1 teaspoon ghee.
- Wash tomatoes and green chillies. Cut them in large pieces and put them in mixer jar. Also, put roasted cashews and 7 raisins in the jar and make a fine paste of them by mixer-grinder.
- Cut remaining cashews in small pieces and mix them with remaining raisins.
- Cut paneer pieces in triangular or square shapes and then take one piece and put some cutted cashews and raisins over it then cover it with another piece of paneer. Our paneer sandwich is ready. Likewise, make all paneer sandwiches by filling stuffing in it.
- Now, prepare a solution of cornflour. Take a bowl and add cornflour to it and then add 1/4 tsp salt in it. Now, add water little by little to make a slightly thin solution. Our cornflour solution is ready. Now, its time to fry paneer sandwiches.
- Take a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat and when the oil is hot enough then dip paneer sandwich in cornflour solution and then add it in hot oil. Likewise, add other cornflour solution coated paneer sandwiches in hot oil and fry them by flipping at certain intervals of time till they becomes golden brown in colour. Take them out in a plate.
- Now, prepare gravy. For gravy, take a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat and when the oil is sufficiently hot then add cumin seeds, black mustard seeds and asafoetida in it. You will see mustard seeds will pop then add tomato paste in it and saute for 2 min.
- Now, add 1/2 tsp salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in it and saute for 3-4 min. till oil floats over spices.
- After that, add cream in it and saute for 2 min. then add water and 1/2 tsp salt in it.
- Let the gravy boil and then turn off the gas. After 3 min. add fried paneer sandwiches in gravy.
- Our Paneer Pasanda is ready to serve. Serve it hot with chapati, bread, naan, rice etc. or eat it without any accompaniment and relish the curry.
- You can use any dry fruits for stuffing.
- This curry may get thick after you add paneer cubes in it because they soak some gravy.
- Add water in gravy according to your requirement, if you like thin gravy then add extra 1 cup water. Also, add 1/2 tsp salt in it with water.
- Make sure that your cornflour solution coating on paneer sandwiches is thin but if it is not then don’t heat this curry again after adding fried paneer sandwiches in it because if you will do this then a layer of cornflour solution will separate out from paneer and then your curry will get wierd. But if you want to eat it after 1-2 hours of preparing it then prepare only gravy and don’t add fried paneer sandwiches in it. Whenever you want to eat, heat gravy again and then add paneer sandwiches in it.