Vegetable Cutlet is a croquette made of vegetables, spices, green chillies and cilantro. It is an easy and delicious recipe that is perfect for evening snacks. You can take them with tea, chutneys, dips or sauces. Vegetable Cutlet can also be used as burger patties and also, it is a robust recipe. So lets start preparing this delicious recipe:-
- Boiled Potato:- 10 (medium)
- Refined Flour (Maida):- 1/4 cup
- Cabbage (Patta Gobhi):- 1 cup (shredded)
- Cauliflower (Phool Gobhi):- 1 cup (minced)
- Green Capsicum (Shimla Mirch):- 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Bread:- 13
- Salt:- 1.5 teaspoon + 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves (Cilantro):- 2 tablespoon
- Green Chillies:- 2
- Asafoetida (hing):- 1 pinch
- Oil for frying Cutlets
1 Cup contains 140 ml. of water
Use 140 ml cup for every cup measurements.
- Wash and chop coriander leaves and green chillies. Peel and mash boiled potatoes.
- Break all breads in 4-5 pieces and then put them in grinder jar and then crumbled them fine by mixer-grinder.
- Now, Take a bowl and add mashed boiled potatoes, minced cauliflower, shredded cabbage, chopped capsicum, green chillies, cilantro, bread crumbs of 5 breads, 1.5 tsp salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and asafoetida in it. Mix all these ingredients well. Our cutlet mix. is ready.
- Prepare maida batter:- Take a bowl and add maida, 1/2 tsp salt in it. Now, add 1/2 cup water little by little to make batter. Our maida batter is ready.
- Take small amount of cutlet mix. and make it round like ball and then flatten it slightly by pressing it with palm.
- Now, dip it in maida batter and then wrap it with bread crumbs. Similarly, prepare all other cutlets. When you prepare all cutlets then fry them.
- Take a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat and when the oil is hot enough then add 4-5 cutlets at a time in a pan. Fry them by flipping them at certain interval of time till they becomes light brown in colour. Take them out with skimmer in a plate.
- Our Vegetable Cutlets are ready to serve. Serve them hot with tomato sauce, chutneys, dips or tea and relish the dish. ☺
- You can use any kind of vegetables you like to make cutlets or you can eliminate some if you don’t like but boiled potatoes are must.
- You can also use refined oil in place of mustard oil but I prefer mustard oil because it is thick and smells good and provide better taste in recipes but keep in mind that the mustard oil should heat properly before frying cutlets in it. Heat it until it leaves it’s smell otherwise it add weird taste to your recipe.
- Fry cutlets on medium to high flame.