Rajasthani Kadhi is a Indian sour and spicy dish prepared by curd and bengal gram. It contains bengal gram fritters (pakode) also. It is often eaten with plain rice or roti. Whenever you like to eat sour and spicy, Rajasthani Kadhi is a best option to choose. So lets start preparing it:-
- Bengal Gram (Besan):- 3 tablespoon
- Curd:- 200 gms
- Salt:- 1.50 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Water:- 5 cup
- Bengal Gram:- 1.25 cup
- Coriander leaves or Kasuri Methi:- 2 tablespoon
- Green Chilli:- 2
- Salt:- 3/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1.25 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Water:- 3/4 cup
- Oil for frying pakoras (fritters)
- Red Chilli Powder:- 3/4 teaspoon
- Black Mustard Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Mustard oil:- 1 tablespoon
1 Cup contains 140 ml. of water.
Use 140 ml cup for every cup measurements.
- Take a deep pan and add curd and bengal gram in it. Mix it with buttermilk churner till no lumps will remain then add water, salt and turmeric powder in it. Mix it well.
- Now, mount that pan on the burner and let the solution boil on high flame and let it cook for 20-25 min. Keep stirring at certain intervals of time.
- Our Kadhi is ready. Now prepare fritters (pakode) for it.
- Wash and then chop coriander leaves and green chillies.
- Now, take a bowl and add bengal gram, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, chopped coriander leaves, green chillies and asafoetida in it and mix them well.
- Now, add water little by little to make a semi-thick batter.
- Our batter is ready to prepare fritters.
- Now, take a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat. When the oil is hot enough then take small amount of batter with your fingers or in a spoon and drop it in a hot oil. Likewise, drop small amount of batter in hot oil again and again to make fritters. Fry themin batches.
- Fry them by flipping and tossing them till they becomes golden brown in colour. Take them out in a plate.
- After 5 min. add these fritters in kadhi.
- When all fritters are added in kadhi then tempering the spices for the kadhi.
- Take a small fry pan and pour oil in it.
- Let the oil heat and when oil is hot enough then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in it then turn off the flame and immediately add red chilli powder and then immediately pour that tempering (chounk) in kadhi and cover the kadhi pan with plate.
- Our Rajasthani Kadhi is ready to serve. Serve it hot with plain rice or roti and enjoy the dish.☺
- Add red chilli powder tempering in kadhi immediately otherwise your red chilli powder will get burnt in hot oil.
- If you want thick kadhi then add 1 tablespoon more bengal gram in curd but the kadhi gets already slightly thick after we add fritters in it because fritters soak some amount of kadhi.
- Use mustard oil in tempering as much as possible it gives you an amazing taste.
- Stir the solution of kadhi for first 2-3 min. continuously otherwise it may stick to the bottom of the pan.