Cluster beans dry curry is full of nutrients and a delicious curry. It has many health benefits and this is the season when greengrocers have cluster beans so today we prepare this curry. So lets start preparing it:-
- Cluster Beans (Guar Phali):- 250 gms.
- Tomato:- 1 (medium)
- Salt:- 3/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Black Mustard Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil:- 4.5 tablespoon
1 Cup contains 140 ml. of water
Use 140 ml cup for every cup measurements.
- Wash tomatoes and cluster beans. Peel and then chop tomatoes.
- Take a pan and fill it half with water and put cluster beans in it and let them boil.
- Boil them on high flame till cluster beans will become soft and turns light brownish in colour (say 20 min.)
- Turn off the gas and let it cool down.
- After that, take one cluster bean out and remove stalk from both of its ends. Also, remove threads from its sides if present any (threads are generally present on ripe cluster beans). Likewise, prepare all cluster beans as shown in image.
- Now, take a wok or a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot then add black mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in it. You will see mustard seeds will pop and then add chopped tomatoes in it. Turn flame low-medium.
- Saute tomatoes for 1 min. then add salt in it. Saute for 2 min. then add red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder in it and then saute again for 2-3 min till oil floats over spices.
- Now, add cluster beans and then salt in it and saute for 3-5 min on medium-high flame.
- Our Cluster Beans Curry is ready to serve. Serve it with roti, poori, bread, rice etc.
- Remember that you must peel tomatoes (without boiling them) otherwise their skin comes in your food that sticks in your teeth even hinges to your throat and you have to remove it every time when it hindered in your food. You can remove it with straight peeling knife. Here I use Ace peeling knife.
- You can half the cluster beans if they are long.