Loki Kofta Curry is very tasty as well as a healthy curry. Although, some people don’t like bottle gourd curry very much but I’m sure this curry is totally different and you would like it so much, also you don’t even know it contains bottle gourd in it. Chickpea flour covered gourd fritters dipped in tomato gravy tastes so yummy that from children to adults, everyone would like it. So lets start preparing them without any delay☺:-
For Gourd Fritters
- Bottle Gourd:- 1 (medium)
- Chickpea Flour (Besan):- 1.25 -1.5 cup
- Salt:- 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves:- 2 tablespoon
- Green Chillies:- 2
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Oil for frying fritters
- Tomato:- 2 ( large)
- Cream (Optional):- 2 tablespoon
- Salt:- 3/4 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1.5 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Black Mustard Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil:- 2.5 tablespoon
- Water:- 2.5- 3 cup
1 Cup contains 140 ml. of water
Use 140 ml cup for every cup measurements.
For Gourd Fritters:-
- Wash, peel and then shred bottle gourd. Wash and then chop green coriander and green chillies.
- Take a bowl and place shredded gourd in it and add chickpea flour, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, asafoetida, chopped coriander leaves and green chillies in it. Mix it well to make a batter for fritters.
- Now, take a pan or wok and pour oil in it for frying fritters. Let it heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot then add small amount of batter (around 1 tablespoon) in it with your hands or spoon. You can make 7-8 fritters at a time in a wok.
- Fry them by tossing and flipping them till they are golden brown in colour. Take them out from wok with skimmer. Likewise, prepare other batch of fritters.
- Our fritters are ready. Now, lets prepare tomato gravy.
- Wash and then peel tomatoes and then chop them in small pieces.
- Take a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot then add black mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in it. You will see mustard seeds will pop and then add chopped tomatoes in it. Turn flame low-medium.
- Saute tomatoes for 1 min. then add salt in it. Saute for 2 min. then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and cream in it and then saute again for 2-3 min till oil floats over spices.
- After that, add water. Let it boil 2-3 times. Turn off the flame.
- Add gourd fritters in tomato gravy after 10 min.
- Our Loki Kofta Curry is ready to serve. Serve it hot with roti, poori, paratha, naan, bread etc. and relish the recipe.
- You can add water in gravy according to your requirement. It you want more thin gravy (ras) then add more water to it.
- This curry may get thick after adding fritters in it because fritters soak some water from gravy.
- Remember that you must peel tomatoes also otherwise their skin comes in your food that sticks in your teeth even hinges to your throat and you have to remove it every time when it hindered in your food. You can remove it with straight peeling knife. Here I use Ace peeling knife.
- Add chickpea flour according to need. If you think that your fritter’s batter is thin then add more flour in it or if it gets thick then add some water to attain proper consistency.