Condensed milk is milk from which water has been removed. It is most often found in the form of sweetened condensed milk (SCM), with sugar added. It is similar to mawa but thinner than it. Also mawa has cream layers dissolved in it but in condensed milk addition of baking soda prevents forming of cream layers and keep the milk uniform. Condensed milk used in many recipes such as eggless cake, halvas and icecreams etc. So, today we prepare it with only three ingredients. Lets start preparing:-
- Milk:- 1/2 kg
- Sugar:- 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda:- 1 pinch
1 Cup contains 140 ml. of water
Use 140 ml cup for every cup measurements.
- Take a deep pan such as sauce pan and pour milk in it.
- Turn on gas and let milk boil and then add sugar and baking soda. Stir it well. Let the milk heat on medium-high flame.
- Stir milk in every 1-2 min so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of pan and does not spill because addition of baking soda helps milk to boil faster.
- Repeat this process till milk would be slightly thick and remain 1/3rd but have flowing consistency.
- Our Condensed Milk is ready. Use it the same time or store in fridge and use later.