Fried Rice is a dish prepared by cooking rice in wok or fry pan and is usually mixed with spices and different vegetables. It is often eaten by pickle and sweet curd or as an accompaniment to another dish. They can be taken as breakfast and dinner. If you want to eat light food in dinner then you can make this rice in ghee, also it is easy and quick dish too and today we prepare them in cooker and with soya chunks, that way they taste and look delicious. So lets start preparing them:-
- Rice:- 1 glass (1 glass= 2 cups)
- Potato:- 2 (large)
- Tomato:- 2 (large)
- Soya Chunks:- 1 cup (small)
- Green Chilli:- 3
- Coriander Leaves:- 2 tablespoon
- Salt:- 1.75 teaspoon
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1.5 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder:- 1.5 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 2 pinch
- Black Mustard Seeds:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil/Ghee:- 4 tablespoon
- Water:- 6.25 cups (875 ml.)
1 Cup contains 140 ml. of water
Use 140 ml cup for every cup measurements.
- Take rice in a bowl and let them soak for 30 min. and then drain water from them.
- Wash potatoes, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander leaves. Peel tomatoes and potatoes then chop them 3/4 inch pieces. Also chop green chillies and coriander leaves.
- Now, take a cooker and pour oil in it. Let it heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot then add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida in it.
- When the mustard seeds will pop then add chopped potatoes in it and fry them by adding 1/4 tsp salt in it for 1 min. on a medium flame.
- After that, add rice in it and saute for 1 min. then add soya chunks in it and saute then add salt, coriander powder and red chilli powder in it then saute for 1 min.
- Now, add chopped tomatoes in it and saute for 2-3 min.
- Add water and stir it. Turn flame high. Close the lid of cooker and take two whistles then turn off the gas.
- Open the lid when all pressure will escape from cooker.
- To Garnish Rice:- Take a small fry pan and pour 1/2 tablespoon oil in it. Let it heat. When the oil is hot then add chopped coriander leaves and green chillies in it then add 1 pinch salt and fry them for 1 min. on low flame then turn off the gas.
- Our Soya Chunks Fried Rice dish is ready to serve. Garnish and then serve them hot with sweet curd, pickle or with any other dish.
- Remember that you must peel tomatoes also otherwise their skin comes in your food that sticks in your teeth even hinges to your throat and you have to remove it every time when it hindered in your food. You can remove it with straight peeling knife. Here I use Ace’s straight peeling knife.
- You can use Refined oil also but if you are using mustard oil then heat it sufficiently till it leaves its smell otherwise its smell will ruin the taste of your recipe. You have to heat it on high flame till smoke comes from it and then turn flame low and let smoke escape for 2-3 min. Only then you should start frying veggies in it.
- Don’t add green chillies with rice in cooker otherwise their skin will separate out when boiled with water alongwith rice and get mashed.