Cabbage Cheese Sandwiches! Whenever I heard this name I’m drooling. They are one of my favourite recipe. I used to eat them in my college canteen and now, my college is over and I miss them a lot. The fact is, I never knew about these sandwiches before that. So, when I taste them in canteen, I decided to make them at home plus I add britannia cheese (Mozzarella+ Cheddar) too into it and they turns out awesome. Now, I want to share that recipe with all my friends. So, lets start preparing:-
- Cabbage (Patta Gobhi):- 1
- Bread Slices:- 18
- Paneer (Cottage Cheese):- 100 gms (1 cup)
- Britannia Cheezza or (Mozzarella+ Cheddar):- 1/2 cup
- Green Chilli:- 2
- Salt:- 1.25 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder (optional):- 1-2 pinch
- Coriander Powder:- 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida:- 1 pinch
- Cumin Seeds:- 1/4
- Black Mustard Seeds:- 1/4
- Mustard Oil:- 2.5 tablespoon
- Ghee to grease breads.
- Remove 2-3 upper leaves of cabbage then wash it and then shred it. Wash and chop green chillies too.
- Cut paneer in a little bit cubes and grate cheese also.
- Now, take a pan and pour oil in it. Let it heat. When the oil is sufficiently hot add cumin seeds, black mustard seeds and asafoetida. You will see that mustard seeds will pop and then add shredded cabbage and chopped green chillies. Saute it for 2 min and add salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Saute it and turn flame low then cover the lid for 2-3 min.
- After that open the lid and add paneer cubes in it and saute and then cover the lid for 2-3 min.
- Now, open the lid and turn flame high then saute stuffing for 2-3 min.
- Our cabbage paneer stuffing is ready to fill. Divide this stuffing in 9 equal parts for filling.
- Grease all breads from one side with ghee properly. Spread ghee evenly in all directions on bread.
- Spread that stuffing on ungreased side of 9 bread slices. Also spread small amount of grated cheese over all of them.
- Now, place remaining breads one by one on spreaded stuffing breads. Keep greased side of that breads on top as shown in images. Our sandwiches are ready to toast.
- Now, put them in Sandwich Maker and turn on the switch. Let them toast until green light indicator turns on automatically.
- Take them out. Our Cabbage Cheese Stuffed Sandwiches are ready to serve. Serve them warm with tomato sauce, coriander chutney, mint chutney or any other kind of dips and chutneys.
- Spread ghee evenly on bread in all directions. More you spread ghee on breads, more tastier sandwiches will become. But not too much. 😁
- You can also use refined oil in place of mustard oil but I prefer mustard oil because it is thick and smells good and provide better taste in recipes but keep in mind that the mustard oil should heat properly before adding cabbage in it. Heat it until it leaves it’s smell otherwise it add weird taste to your recipe.
- There are different types of Sandwich Makers are available in the market. Shape, size and sandwich making process on them are different. For example:-
- Gas toaster:- these type of sandwich toaster is great for fireplace, firepits, BBQ and campfires.
- Grill Sandwich Maker:- Electric operated and gives you perfectly toasted sandwich with real grill crisp outside and soft inside.
- Slice Sandwich Maker:- Electric Operated and divides one sandwich in two triangular shape sandwiches. Here I used this type of sandwich maker.