Kheer is a rice pudding from Indian Cuisine made by boiling rice with milk and sugar. It is typically served during a meal or as a dessert. It can also be flavoured with cardamom, almonds, cashews and raisins. Kheer is prepared in festivals, temples and all special occasions. Kheer prepared from broken rice is more tastier than whole rice because it is more uniform. Broken Rice kheer also cook fast. So today we prepare Rice Kheer:-
- Broken Rice (Chawal):- 1/4 cup
- Milk:- 1 kg
- Sugar:- little less than 1/2 cup
- Cardamom:- 1 ( make powder of it)
- Cashews:- 5-6
- Raisins:- 12-13
- Shredded Coconut:- 1/4 cup
- Take a deep pan and pour milk in it. Let it boil.
- Take broken rice in a bowl and wash them by adding 1 cup water and then drain water. Cut cashews in 4 pieces.
- Now, add rice in a boiling milk and let them simmer on low flame. Stir kheer at certain interval of time (say after every 10-15 min.) so that it doesn’t stick to the bottom.
- Let kheer simmer till sama rice cooked completely. It takes 30 min. to 35 min. to cooked properly.
- After that add shredded coconut, sugar, cutted cashews, cardamom powder and raisins and turn flame high and continuously stir it till kheer look slightly thick and uniform (approx. 8-10 min.)
- Our Rice Kheer is ready. Serve it with meal or as a dessert. You can serve it hot or cold on functions, birthdays and festivals. The recipe turns out really toothsome.
- Work carefully so that milk will not boiling over and comes out on the gas because generally, it happens when you are busy on other work thinking that milk takes time in boiling 😂 and leave your milk on lit burner.
- After adding rice in boiling milk, immediately stir that milk otherwise rice will settles down and stick to the pan.