Tamarind Chutney is made from tamarind which has sweet and sour taste and because of its sour taste it is used in many dishes such as sambhar, chutney, rasam, sharbat etc. It has medicinal uses also and my India is the largest producer of tamarind. 😊 The sweet and sour tamarind chutney is easy to prepare and toothsome that is why most of people prefer to serve or eat it with snacks and fast food.
- Tamarind (Imli):- 1/2 cup
- Sugar:- 3.5 tablespoon
- Black Pepper:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry Dates:- 4
- Red Chilli Powder:- 1/4 teaspoon
- Water:- 3/4 cup (for soaking tamarind) + 1.25 cup
- Soak tamarind for 2-3 hours in 3/4 cup water.
- Mash it and mix it in that water. Now take a deep pan and then filter tamarind’s water in it with soup’s sieve.
- After that add 1.25 cup water in that pan and cut dates in small long pieces by removing its seed.
- Now keep it on a flame and let it boil and then add salt, sugar, black pepper, cutted dates and red chilli powder.
- Simmer it on low flame for 10-12 min.
- Turn off the gas. Our tamarind Chutney is ready to serve. Serve it with samosas, snacks, kachori, dabeli etc.
- If you want to eat more sweetened chutney then add more sugar in it.
- Simmer it till dates becomes soft. You can also add raisins in place of dry dates.