The traditional flat bread originating from the Indian subcontinent is known as roti. It is normally eaten with cooked vegetables or curries; it can be called a carrier for curries or cooked vegetables. It is made most often from wheat flour, cooked on a flat or slightly concave iron griddle called a tawa. Like breads around the world, roti is a staple accompaniment to other foods,but to prepare roti, first we have to prepare its dough.You can also watch my video of preparing dough on https://youtu.be/mGVfZL6fNPw
and here is its method to prepare:-
- Wheat Flour:- 750 gms (4 bowls)
- Salt:- 1/2 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon
- Water:- 2 glass
- Take wheat flour in deep plate.Add salt to it.Mix them well.
- Now use your left hand to pour water to the flour and knead with the right hand.Do not pour too much water at once.
- Knead small part of dough at a time and keep it aside every time in that deep plate.
- Now, when all the dry flour ends then make all those small parts that keep aside as a whole and knead ot as a whole dough.
- Press it with your palm alongwith flipping it continuously.
- You will see cracks in dough so now you have to sprinkle some water over dough and knead it by pressing it again and again with your both hands. Now collect it from all sides and sprinkle some water again and knead it again with both hands.Do it till dough becomes soft.
- Now our dough is ready for roti.
- Watch in image above which part of my finger (proximal phalanx) I’m using to knead dough with both hands.It’s necessary to watch than read.